Fans of Coastal San Diego

This site is for the many fans of coastal San Diego, those who have lived here for years, as well as those new to the area. Here you can learn more about the different communities, the many things to do and places to visit in and around San Diego, share your experiences, and ask for advice and recommendations for restaurants, shopping, visitor activities, places to live, and more! Buyers thinking about moving here will find lots of information to help, too!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Barefoot in the Park


I'm not going to talk about the movie (and there was a TV show by this name, too...). This is personal.


I love going barefoot. It's one of the things I truly love about summer weather. I'm not sure why, but being barefoot has been something I have enjoyed for many years - indoors and out. Of course in Boston you are a bit more limited as to good barefoot time, as compared to being here in San Diego. While I have not sat down to figure it out, my guess is my barefoot time has increased to about 90% of the time. I do wear shows to go to the gym, and when I am out showing homes to clients (or doing other real estate stuff), but otherwise my feet are, for the most part bare.

With the winter here, I have started wearing socks on occasion, since my feet get pretty cold. And I have developed a reputation with my neighbors, who know me as being fond of going without shoes. In fact, I am helping our next door neighbor's son find a new home and took him (and his parents) out the other day to look at houses. I was good - I wore shoes - and didn't they comment about it, jokingly, of course.

Because of my fondness for warm weather, my wife and I, while living in Boston, took a winter trip to St. Martin every year. I was in my glory - once I get to the hotel I took my shoes off and hardly ever wear them the entire week. There are restaurants on the beach so no shoes are needed - ever. When we go to Grand Case (THE town for foodies in St. Martin) I wear shoes but that's the only time.

Needless to say I am very happy with the weather here. And it was 79 today - I enjoyed the spool twice! It just doesn't get much better.
Maybe I need to market myself as the Barefoot Realtor! Hmmm....

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jeff Dowler (RE/MAX Associates): Real Estate Agent in Carlsbad, San Diego County, California on activerain.com