Fans of Coastal San Diego

This site is for the many fans of coastal San Diego, those who have lived here for years, as well as those new to the area. Here you can learn more about the different communities, the many things to do and places to visit in and around San Diego, share your experiences, and ask for advice and recommendations for restaurants, shopping, visitor activities, places to live, and more! Buyers thinking about moving here will find lots of information to help, too!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Great Donut Place and Bakery in Cardiff, CA


I am a bit of a foodie, as I probably have mentioned (and you may have gathered from some of the stuff I write about). I don't eat fast food, but I have a definite soft spot for desserts, especially chocolate. And good restaurants in general tend to appeal to me - dining out is a favorite activity, which I have tried to do as much as possible since arriving here almost 2 years ago (this April).


Regarding sweets, I discovered a great place in Cardiff (yes, those of you who know about it may laugh, but it was new for me, so I get to write about it!) on the advice of a good friend. And coincidentally, there was a great article in this past weekend's paper on the place.


Probably best known for its donuts, VG (people I know just refer to it as VG's), just off San Elijo and a block north of Chesterfield, has earned a notable reputation for its donuts, and other treats. Established back in 1966, it is known far and wide, and is a popular spot for residents to drop in for coffee and donuts - surfers, families, business folks, tourists and day trippers, campers from San Elijo, and so on.
We recently had a cake from VG's with raspberry filling and a white chocolate frosting that was simply divine. Good thing it is a few miles from my house in Carlsbad, or I would be there weekly, or more frequently.
If you haven't been there, make a trip it is absolutely worth it. If you have, you know what I mean. Here's to sweets.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jeff Dowler (RE/MAX Associates): Real Estate Agent in Carlsbad, San Diego County, California on activerain.com