Fans of Coastal San Diego

This site is for the many fans of coastal San Diego, those who have lived here for years, as well as those new to the area. Here you can learn more about the different communities, the many things to do and places to visit in and around San Diego, share your experiences, and ask for advice and recommendations for restaurants, shopping, visitor activities, places to live, and more! Buyers thinking about moving here will find lots of information to help, too!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

My First Padres Game


I am a little embarassed to admit this, after being here for almost two years, but I went to my first San Diego Padres game last night. I have been by Petco Park numerous times, from my travels to the Gaslamp area, wandering around town, and when looking a condos nearby for clients.

This is a great venue, although I will say that as a Red Sox fan, after having lived in Boston for 20 years, Fenway Park is at the top of my list. But I imagine any diehard fan feels that way about their city's sports arena.

Petco is pretty impressive, and the game (which the Padres won against the Giants 4-0) was pretty good. A bit ho hum for the first few innings but once the Padres started scoring it got more interesting (no surprise) and the fans more excited. We sat in left field (for $14 each plus the $3.50 charge for ordering tickets on-line) and had a great view. Lot of Giants fans scattered about and plenty of folks having a great time (a good number were clearly there more for the party than for the game).

All in all a great experience, and I plan to go back. If you have not been there it is definitely worth it. Stop off in the Gaslamp beforehand, as we did, for dinner (Dick's LastResort seemed to be the right place before the game - lots of fans there).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jeff Dowler (RE/MAX Associates): Real Estate Agent in Carlsbad, San Diego County, California on activerain.com