Fans of Coastal San Diego

This site is for the many fans of coastal San Diego, those who have lived here for years, as well as those new to the area. Here you can learn more about the different communities, the many things to do and places to visit in and around San Diego, share your experiences, and ask for advice and recommendations for restaurants, shopping, visitor activities, places to live, and more! Buyers thinking about moving here will find lots of information to help, too!

Friday, June 22, 2007

Tastes is What it is All About

Nope, the title is not a misspelling or a grammatical mistake.

TASTES is a fairly new restaurant in Encinitas that I just discovered. Actually, I knew it was there, and have been driving by it for the last couple of years on the Coast Highway. But like so many other places I see, there just has not been an opportunity to stop in to learn more.

I finally did yesterday. And I had a chance to meet one of the owner's parents who have been very involved with the restaurant and who gave me a great tour...and sparked my enthusiasm for trying the place out in the future.

Tastes is a total wine experience. They have a retail operation, with a great wine selection of reds and white from California, Spain, Italy and elsewhere, thanks to co-owner Mark Dubiel. But there's more.


Tastes is also a fine restaurant (and since I came at lunch time and they only serve dinner, I have not yet had the pleasure of eating there...but I will soon, now that I saw the menu), with a great selection of dishes prepared by an award winning chef, Sean Fisher (who has also catered for most of the top rock stars around with "Behind the Scenes Catering").
There are new dishes added weekly and others drop off, so you have an ever-changing opportunity to enjoy wonderful food. And, the added bonus is that they offer a selection of wine pairings with each dish to best compliment the food. You can dine outside as well on the back side of the restaurant.

Tastes also offers a series of wine flights so you get to try highly recommend wines and decide what you like for yourself. And, of course, you can then purchase the bottles at very reasonable prices to enjoy at home (or have them uncork and decant one for you for dinner).

Tastes is definitely on my list now to enjoy for dinner, and I plan to do so soon. They have lots of regulars and have become quite popular, so reservations are important for Friday and Saturday nights.

They are located on the east side of the Coast Highway at #641 not far past the Lumberyard. They can be reached at 760-942-9549. Stay tuned for my review once I enjoy dinner there.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jeff Dowler (RE/MAX Associates): Real Estate Agent in Carlsbad, San Diego County, California on activerain.com