Fans of Coastal San Diego

This site is for the many fans of coastal San Diego, those who have lived here for years, as well as those new to the area. Here you can learn more about the different communities, the many things to do and places to visit in and around San Diego, share your experiences, and ask for advice and recommendations for restaurants, shopping, visitor activities, places to live, and more! Buyers thinking about moving here will find lots of information to help, too!

Friday, December 21, 2007

Lost in the Horton Plaza Garage

Have you ever been lost in the Horton Plaza Garage? I have.

Well, not really lost, but I couldn't find the way back to my car after attending the San Diego Rep Theater.

We've been to the theater about 15 times now, so I have finally figured it all out. But it sure took a while, and I still have to pay close attention so I know where I entered the mall (say, Lady Footlocker, and can find my way BACK to the same doorway). I think it is one of the most confusing complexes I have been in (and coming from Boston, which is famous for parking garages, that is quite a feat).

I need a handheld GPS just for getting to and from my car. And for finding the right car exit so I am heading in the right direction to leave town.

When I saw there were FRUITS or VEGETABLES, I figured it would be easy. HAH! And actually it is not the garage itself but getting TO and FROM Horton Plaza that makes no sense. I suppose when it was built it was quite the thing. But their signage is terrible, and all the nooks and crannies, small stairwells, slow elevators, multiple floors, and twists and turns in the mall itself drive me nuts. I'm not a big shopper so I don't pay much attention to the stores - perhaps that's my problem.

In any case, if you have not been there...beware. And if you have, I suspect some of you know exactly what I mean.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jeff Dowler (RE/MAX Associates): Real Estate Agent in Carlsbad, San Diego County, California on activerain.com