Fans of Coastal San Diego

This site is for the many fans of coastal San Diego, those who have lived here for years, as well as those new to the area. Here you can learn more about the different communities, the many things to do and places to visit in and around San Diego, share your experiences, and ask for advice and recommendations for restaurants, shopping, visitor activities, places to live, and more! Buyers thinking about moving here will find lots of information to help, too!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Watching the Seasons in San Diego



As I've mentioned, on more than one occasion I'm sure, I am NOT a fan of winter (pic on left is a couple of winters ago in Cambridge, MA), and a major reason for the move here was to escape the winters in Boston. Now that we are heading into our second winter here, I found myself paying closer attention to how the seasons change. Last year was such a novelty - 65 degree days in November, and winter nights where it rarely got below 50.
I have been noticing the changing trees, the different flowers and foliage, and other changes more so than before...and with the nasty weather some parts of the country, such as Seattle, have been experiencing I am even happier to have escaped snow, ice and cold. I know we will need to occasionally turn on the heat, if only to take the chill out of the air, and we are now starting to have dinner in front of the fire. So despite the claims of some friends and family back East, we DO have a change of seasons.

Yesterday we had our first heavy rain, after months of none, so the rainy season must be upon us. The air feels different, the sunrises and sunsets have changed, with more clouds, and the shorter days all combine to remind me of winter, but a much more pleasant (i.e., tolerable) than back East. I guess I still have a fascination for watching the weather reports of snowstorms and other wintry weather elsewhere...probably because I escaped, and it makes me appreciate our weather here that much more.

Do I have regrets? Nope. Anytime I want to see "winter" I just check out the weather station - that's enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jeff Dowler (RE/MAX Associates): Real Estate Agent in Carlsbad, San Diego County, California on activerain.com