Fans of Coastal San Diego

This site is for the many fans of coastal San Diego, those who have lived here for years, as well as those new to the area. Here you can learn more about the different communities, the many things to do and places to visit in and around San Diego, share your experiences, and ask for advice and recommendations for restaurants, shopping, visitor activities, places to live, and more! Buyers thinking about moving here will find lots of information to help, too!

Friday, December 01, 2006

Holiday Shopping


If you have read my earlier posts, you know that I am not a big shopper, preferring on-line to bricks and mortar. But you also know that I made a historic move and went Thanksgiving Eve (Pre-Black Friday) shopping with my daughter. This was a first!!

For those of you in the Encinitas/Carlsbad/Cardiff area, I learned about a shop that I thought could be of interest in your holiday shopping. I haven't been there but learned about it through my wife who was there the other day for a fundraising type of event and came home loaded with some fun and interesting gifts (and inexpensive) for family members. There are serious ideas as well as humorous ones, custom-made gift baskets, and much more. It's quite small, but chock full of cool stuff, according to my wife.

Since we like to support local merchants rather than the large department stores, I wanted to let you know about
Queen Eileen's, on the Coast Highway in the middle of Encinitas. Great location - you can hit lots of stores and have lunch or dinner as well. If you don't know about it, check it out, and let me know what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jeff Dowler (RE/MAX Associates): Real Estate Agent in Carlsbad, San Diego County, California on activerain.com