Fans of Coastal San Diego

This site is for the many fans of coastal San Diego, those who have lived here for years, as well as those new to the area. Here you can learn more about the different communities, the many things to do and places to visit in and around San Diego, share your experiences, and ask for advice and recommendations for restaurants, shopping, visitor activities, places to live, and more! Buyers thinking about moving here will find lots of information to help, too!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Wow, It's Been Cold















Is it my imagination, or has it been really cold? I hate to complain, since it's nothing compared to what some parts of the country are having, but it seems unusual to me.

I escaped the Boston winters in 2005 and moved here in April. My first San Diego winter was great. It was such a pleasure to be outside every day, with most days in the low 60s (in Boston during the winter months that a veritable heat wave). I enjoyed not having to use the heat but a few times (we always had it on in the winter in Boston, and the utility bills were horrendous).

This winter seems quite different. Or maybe I am spoiled. But the heat has been on a lot more, and there are many more cooler days, and more nights in the 30s and low 40s than I remember from last year. So, is it my imagination or not? I don't think so.

However, despite the chillier weather, we don't have the multiple snow storms that have plagued the Pacific Northwest and Denver, and the ice storm hitting New England today. When I do watch the weather it seems I am always reminded of how much warmer it is here - and there's no snow, except in the mountains. So, I'm still thrilled to not be in New England at this time of year. Even if I complain more about the cooler weather.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jeff Dowler (RE/MAX Associates): Real Estate Agent in Carlsbad, San Diego County, California on activerain.com